Fire Leaves Henderson Family Homeless - - Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville |ETX News


Fire Leaves Henderson Family Homeless

     A Henderson family of four is homeless tonight after an early morning blaze destroys their home, and everything they own. Investigators say they are not sure what started the blaze at the home on Jacksonville Drive around 2 this morning.   Susan Lee and her 3 children can only look through the charred remains of what was their life, trying to make sense of a fire that took everything from them this morning.

     "I do ask myself why? single parent trying to raise 3 children find it difficult even to have a home and now we've lost everything" Susan says.

      The fire started in her 14 year old son's bedroom. Son Brendyn immediately smelled smoke, and took steps to get the family to safety.

    "The fire was on the end of my bed,  I yelled fire and yelled it to my brother and sister and mom and got them out of the house" says Brendyn.

     They got out with only the clothes on their backs, not even shoes. They even lost the children's Christmas presents before they were wrapped and under the tree.  

    "At this point we have no idea where we will be living. We need clothing for the kids to go back to school , shoes, everything" says Susan.  

   "I feel bad I really do, I don;t know what we're going to do, it's gonna be hard to start over" Brendyn says.

    They have only each other left and that's enough.

   "I have my children and I thank god for that" Susan says.

   The Lee family is in need of everything from a place to live, to clothes, to school supplies for the kids. If you'd like to make a donation to the Lees, call the West Main Baptist Church in Henderson at 903-657-3148.

Bob Hallmark, Reporting

Powered by Frankly