Fourteen Year Old Saves Family From Their Burning Home - KLTV.com - Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville |ETX News

12/13/06-Henderson

Fourteen Year Old Saves Family From Their Burning Home

The fire broke out around 2:00 a.m. in Henderson. Investigators say they are not sure what started the blaze at the home.

Susan Lee and her three children can only look through the charred remains of what was their life. This morning, they're trying to make sense of a fire that took everything from them.

"I do ask myself, why? I'm a single parent trying to raise three children. I find it difficult, even to have a home and now we've lost everything, " Lee said.

 The fire started in her 14 year old son's bedroom. Brendyn immediately smelled smoke.

"The fire was on the end of my bed. I yelled fire, and I yelled it to my brother and sister and mom, " Brendyn said.

They got out with only the clothes on their backs, not even shoes. They even lost the children's Christmas presents before they were wrapped and under the tree.

"Our Play Station is melted," one of the sons said.

Ironically, the Christmas tree remains standing, but that's all this family has left for the holidays.

"At this point, we have no idea where we'll be living. We need clothing for our kids to back to school. We need shoes too," said Lee. "I feel bad, I really do. It's going to be hard to start over."

They have only each other left and that's enough.

"I have my children and I thank God for that," Lee said.

How You Can Help The Lee Family:

The Lee family is in need of everything from a place to live, to clothes, to school supplies for the kids. If you'd like to make a donation to them, call the West Main Baptist Church in Hendersonat 903-657-3148.

Bob Hallmark, reporting, bhallmark@kltv.com

 

Powered by Frankly