Man Loses Everything After Thanksgiving Day Fire - KLTV.com - Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville |ETX News

11/24/06-Lindale

Man Loses Everything After Thanksgiving Day Fire

A Lindale man loses everything after a fire tears through his home.  The blaze happened on County Road 433. The Lindale Fire Department was called out shortly before 4:00 p.m. yesterday.  

Fire investigators say the blaze was started by a bag of ashes the homeowner had cleaned out earlier in the day. Kenneth Norlie, 48, had been over to his relatives' home for Thanksgiving dinner when his house caught on fire.

Neighbors say by the time the fire department got there, there was nothing they could have done to save the home.  "Everything out here was pitch black. I mean, you couldn't see anything and the house was already engulfed in flames," said Sammy Huff, Norlie's next-door neighbor.

"I was happy that my granddaughter wasn't in there asleep, or any of my kids or anybody else. And that's what I'm thankful for, the most important thing," said Norlie.  

Norlie says he has insurance.  He plans to rebuild a home in the same lot.

Oralia Ortega, Reporting.  ortega@kltv.com

 

Powered by Frankly