Fire Damages Tyler Home - KLTV.com - Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville |ETX News

11/16/06-Tyler

Fire Damages Tyler Home

An East Texas family's home goes up in flames after their wood burning stove catches fire.   A teenager and his one-year-old brother were inside the home on Tol Avenue in Tyler.  Their mom was at work.   Neighbors noticed the flames, called for help and ran across the street.  Officials say they got the two boys out.

Fire investigators say an old stove pipe that needed to be replaced ignited the walls.  "The fire really went up. It went up to the attic and was very advanced. The occupants inside didn't know the home was on fire," said Tyler Fire investigator James Suggs.  

Investigators say the home did not have smoke detectors, but the fire department did give the family some. Fortunately, no one was injured.

Oralia Ortega, Reporting.  ortega@kltv.com

   

Powered by Frankly