Tyler Apartment Fire Forces Several Out Of Their Homes - KLTV.com - Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville |ETX News


Tyler Apartment Fire Forces Several Out Of Their Homes

Several East Texas residents were forced out of their homes because of a fire.   The blaze began early Tuesday morning at Autumn Glen Apartments in Tyler.   Investigators believe a candle in a downstairs patio area started the blaze. A resident tried to put out the fire, but it quickly spread to nearby apartments.   This afternoon, residents saw the damage. Three apartments were destroyed and six have smoke damage. Josh Rich, who lost his apartment, says he was asleep when the fire started.

"I'm a light sleeper, and I heard someone knocking on the door and all the other doors in our area, so I woke up and saw flames," said Josh Rich who lost his apartment. "I lost clothes, computers. I had a lab top, all my school stuff, just pretty much everything."   Two firefighters were injured. One suffered heat exhaustion and remains in the hospital. The other fell from a two story balcony and hurt his shoulder, but has now been released to work.

Molly Reuter, reporting. mreuter@kltv.com


Powered by Frankly