Early Morning Apartment Fire In Tyler - KLTV.com - Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville |ETX News

10/3/2006-Tyler

Early Morning Apartment Fire In Tyler

     Authorities believe a burning candle started a fire at an early morning fire at a Tyler apartment complex.The fire started around one this morning at Autumn Glenn apartments.      That's located on Hollytree Drive. Fire investigators tell us the burning candle was on a downstairs patio area. The resident tried to put out the fire, but it quickly spread to nearby apartments. She alerted the nearby apartments, then called 9-1-1.  Thankfully, everyone got out safe, but several residents are without a home. Authorities say there were some scary moments for one firefighter. One firefighter that was injured when a balcony rail collapsed. He fell from the second floor balcony down to the first floor. It appeared his injuries would be minor but he was transported just to check him out good, said fire investigator tony gunber.      Fire investigators say 3 of the apartment units at "autumn glenn in tyler" suffered heavy to moderate smoke damage. 6 apartments suffered water damage.
Powered by Frankly