Carbon Monoxide Kills One, Sickens Dozens In College Dorm - KLTV.com - Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville |ETX News

7/14/06-Salem, VA

Carbon Monoxide Kills One, Sickens Dozens In College Dorm

 One person is dead and dozens of others sickened after a carbon monoxide leak in a Virginia college dorm.

It happened at Roanoke College, where officials say at least 60 people are being treated. One is in critical condition.

Nearly 140 adults and teens were staying in the dorm, many of them for a conference at the school.

Investigators aren't sure what caused the leak of carbon monoxide, a colorless, odorless gas.

Copyright 2006 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Posted By 6pm News Producer Kelly Hefelfinger khefelfinger@kltv.com

Powered by Frankly