Fire At Longview Apartments

A child playing with matches is what fire marshals believe sparked a fire at a Longview apartment complex. It happened last night around 6 PM at the Tree House apartments on Avalon street.    Witnesses told investigators that a 4 year old child had set a mattress on fire with matches, and they had put it out with an extinguisher.

But moments later, the apartment caught fire. The apartment was destroyed, but no one was injured. Two families have been moved to other units, because of the blaze. Bob Hallmark reporting.