An apartment fire means two families will be spending Christmas elsewhere this weekend. It happened at the Plantation Townhomes on Loblolly Lane on Tyler's southwest side. Fire investigators say residents of a downstairs apartment tried to restart their fireplace using some additional wood, and the embers from the previous night's fire. When that didn't work, a resident sprayed lighter fluid on the embers and the fire got out of control. It spread through the wall to the upstairs apartment causing a water pipe to break. Both apartments suffered smoke, fire and water damage. Fortunately, no one was hurt.