House Fire Starts In Chimney - KLTV.com - Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville |ETX News

12/5/05-Tyler

House Fire Starts In Chimney

A family trying to stay warm Monday morning almost lost their house in the process. Their home caught fire just after 8:00 AM off County Road 380 in Smith County. Fire officials blame the fire on an old and deteriorated chimney flue pipe. Fortunately, the homeowners made it out safely and no one was injured. Jim Seaton with the Smith County Fire Marshal says, "We would like to caution all the citizens to take correct safety measures to make sure your heating system is properly installed and maintained and your chimney pipes are cleaned out to get ready for this cold season." Almost immediately, the homeowner was attempting to fight the fire with his own water hose. Officials say the house was damaged, but is not beyond repair.

Karolyn Davis, reporting. kdavis@kltv.com

 

Powered by Frankly