Nursing Home Fire

An overnight fire caused nursing home residents to evacuate two wings of their building.  It happened around 9:15 PM on Sunday at the Pinecrest Nursing Home and Rehabilitation Center in Tyler.  The fire began in a closet near the lobby. 
  A ventilation fan inside the closet overheated and started the fire.  Captain Jeff Akin, Tyler Fire Department says, "It did produce a lot of smoke and then with the fans turning it blew it into the building so it looked a little worse than it was because of the smoke."  
  After fire officials ventilated the nursing home, the residents were able go back inside. No one was injured.