Cheerleader electrically shocked at football game

Cheerleader electrically shocked at football game

EAST TEXAS (KLTV) - A bizarre incident at an East Texas high school football game sent a cheerleader to the hospital.

Saturday night, the cheerleader suffered an electrical shock at Tiger stadium in Daingerfield.

A Saturday night high school football match-up turned frightening for tiger cheerleader Madison Driggers.

"I was shocked because I never saw anything like that happen before. I'm glad she's ok," said Daingerfield alumni Ramius Wallace.

According to family members, Madison was walking barefoot when she stepped into a puddle of water.

A puddle of water that had an exposed electrical wire in it.

Madison's mother says it was an extension cord that had exposed wires,"I feel like that shouldn't be happening at a football game," Wallace says.

Madison also held the handle to and metal door and was immediately shocked.

A friend pulled Madison away, and she was taken to a hospital by ambulance.

"Thank God for who-ever that person was, that pulled her away. probably saved her life," says Daingerfield grad Jordan Freeman.

The community hopes Madison makes a quick recovery and gets back to the field.

"Just doing what she loves to do. Cheering. Keep a positive mind. It'll be all ok," Freeman says.

We spoke with the Driggers family who says Madison is in some pain, and are waiting to hear from doctors on whether she will have any muscle damage.

Copyright 2018 KLTV. All rights reserved.