Tyler triple-shooting survivor speaks about coping with murder of son, boyfriend

Surviving victim speaks after Tyler double-homicide

TYLER, TX (KLTV) - A survivor from a Tyler double-homicide is speaking out after losing her son and boyfriend.

"I was outside, I got to walk my cousin [...] to their car and once I walked them to [the] car and they turned the corner, I see him come from the other side of my house [...] with a gun and a taser," surviving victim Ladidre Blevins said, speaking of her ex-boyfriend.

32-year-old Ladidre Blevins describes the night of July 23 when suspect Tony Waters entered her Tyler home and shot her, shot her 17-year-old son Daquan Munson, and shot her boyfriend Charlie Verdell.

"I ain't ever seen him act like that, I ain't ever seen him come towards nobody like that with a gun," she said.

Blevins is the only surviving victim from the shooting. Tyler Police Department has closed the case after Waters attempted to kill himself in jail and died from his injuries. But with it comes no closure for Ladidre.

"Because my son is gone and I'll never see him again, my boyfriend is gone and I'll never see him again and that's something that I just can't close right now," she said.

She describes her son as a loving and respectful young man who always had her back.

"[He was] always by my side, he let me know he'd never let nobody hurt me, he'll stand by my side, he'll always be around me," she said.

That fateful night, that's exactly what he did. According to a young relative who was in the house at the time of the shooting, Munson went into the living room where his mother was to try to help her.

Blevins said if she could just talk to him one more time, she would tell her son she is sorry for everything that happened to him.

Daquan Munson's funeral will be held Saturday morning at 11 at the County Line Baptist Church in Ben Wheeler.

Related Stories:

Tyler capital murder suspect in ICU after being found hanging in jail cell 

Copyright 2018 KLTV. All rights reserved.