Longview Fire: Faulty wiring causes fire that claimed dogs life

LONGVIEW, TX (KLTV) - The Longview Fire Department said that faulty electrical wiring caused a fire at a mobile home that claimed the life of a family's dog.

The fire happened in the 2900 block of South Estes Parkway around 1:45 p.m. Tuesday.

When crews arrived, they found around 40 percent of the home involved in the fire.

The resident of the home was asleep on the couch when the fire broke out.  She said her dog woke her up to the home filled with smoke. She was able to escape without injury, but her dog died in the fire.

The home suffered extensive fire damage, according to the Longview Fire Department.

Copyright 2018 KLTV. All Rights Reserved.