A Fire In Longview Destroys A Home - KLTV.com - Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville |ETX News

9/20/05-Longview

A Fire In Longview Destroys A Home

A fire in Longview destroys a family's home. It happened around 4:00 a.m.. Longview firefighters say the blaze started when a poorly repaired electrical wire overheated and started a fire in an air conditioner unit. Six people were in the house at the time of the fire. Fortunately, the smoke alarm went off, and the three kids, their mother and their two uncles escaped. The mother, Vernette Redwine says they lost everything.

"We ran out with our clothes on, what we had on that night," said Redwine. "No shoes, no socks, no nothing. I mean it was just scary this morning. The fire detector works. Half of the bed was almost gone. We were just lucky to get out alive." 

Vernette just started a job at the Ramada Inn. The Longview Red Cross has offered to help the Redwines with rent after they find a new home.

Molly Reuter, reporting. mreuter@kltv.com

 

Powered by Frankly