(KLTV) - Friday, July 13 is the second instance of a Friday the 13th to happen in 2018, and the last of the year.
Historically, 13 is an unlucky number. Thirteen is significant to Christians because it is the number of people present at the Last Supper. Judas, the apostle who betrayed Jesus, was the 13th member of the party to arrive.
Hundreds of knights templar were arrested and burned at the stake across France in October 1307. Some historians believe the date was Friday the 13th.
In 1980, Paramount Pictures released the slash flick Friday the 13th. The supernatural villain, Jason Voorhees, became a horror film icon.
It's also worth mentioning that many hotels don't have a 13th floor. There's even a phobia named for the fear of Friday the 13th -- paraskevidekatriaphobia. That got us thinking of some of the more unusual phobias.
- Geniophobia - Fear of chins, or specifically it can be an obsession with other people's chins, especially imperfect chins
- Turophobia - Fear of cheese
- Pteronophobia - Fear of being tickled with feathers
- Aerophobia - Fear of fresh air
- Alektorophobia - Fear of chickens or hens
- Nomophobia - Fear of being without a smartphone
- Arachibutyrophobia - Fear of peanut butter, or specifically the fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of your mouth
- Trypophobia - You've probably seen this fear on Buzzfeed, it's the fear of clustered holes found on various biological organisms
- Omphalophobia - Fear of belly buttons
- Phobophobia - No list would be complete without phobophobia, or the fear of phobias