Longview family displaced after house fire

LONGVIEW, TX (KLTV) - An East Texas family is displaced after a fire in their home.

It happened in the 2400 block of Stardust Street in North Longview.

911 got the call around 10 am about smoke coming from an attic. Several engine companies responded to the call and quickly extinguished the fire.

Firefighters tell us the fire was in the wall and started with an electrical short. The homeowner was doing some work on the wiring when the fire started. Firefighters say the wire in the wall was black and they weren't sure exactly how it shorted out.

All occupants were out of the house when the fire department arrived. There were no reported injuries.

Copyright 2018 KLTV. All rights reserved.