Wiring issue leads Longview family to evacuate home

LONGVIEW, TX (KLTV) - Longview Fire Department crews have extinguished a small house fire.

About 10 a.m. Wednesday, firefighters responded to the 2400 block of Stardust Street, near the intersection of Brentwood Drive.

According to officials at the scene, the homeowners told officials they were working on the home's electrical system when there was an electrical malfunction and the wiring in the wall began to smoke. The smoke began to climb up through the attic.

The family was home at the time of the fire but was able to escape.

Fire crews have brought in a thermal image reader during their investigation.

No one was injured in the fire.

Copyright 2018 KLTV. All rights reserved.