(KLTV/KTRE) - Ingredients:
12 ounces of linguine
8 to 12 ounces of grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
1 medium white or yellow onion, thinly sliced
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (more if you like lots of heat)
4 cloves of garlic, or 2 teaspoons of garlic powder
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 1/2 cups water or chicken broth
Fresh basil, if available; otherwise, add 1 teaspoon dried basil to the pan after cooking
Salt and pepper, to taste
Rotisserie chicken meat (about 2 cups)
Freshly grated Parmesan cheese, for serving
1. In a large skillet of frying pan with high sides, create a layer with all the sliced tomatoes.
2. Lay the dry pasta across the tomatoes. No need to break it.
3. Spread the onion, basil and garlic across the pasta, and top with red pepper flakes, 1/2 tsp pepper, and 2 tsp (or to taste) salt, sprinkling across the ingredients to distribute evenly.
4. Gently pour water over all ingredients, and bring to a boil over high heat. Drop in the chicken meat.
5. Continue to boil the mixture for about 9 minutes (check pasta package cooking suggestion), turning pasta frequently with tongs, until pasta is done and water has evaporated.
6. Remove from heat, season to taste with more salt and pepper, if needed, and divide among four bowls.