Overheated elevator motor sets off fire alarm at CHRISTUS Good Shepherd

Overheated elevator motor sets off fire alarm at CHRISTUS Good Shepherd
(Source: Jamey Boyum KLTV)
(Source: Jamey Boyum KLTV)
(Source: Jamey Boyum KLTV)
(Source: Jamey Boyum KLTV)
(Source: Jamey Boyum KLTV)
(Source: Jamey Boyum KLTV)

LONGVIEW, TX (KLTV) - An overheated elevator motor caused the fire alarms to go off at CHRISTUS Good Shepherd Medical Center in Longview.

The overheated motor began to cause smoke in a maintenance room. The smoke set off the fire alarms. The smoke was contained to the room and the hospital was not evacuated.

Longview Fire Department responded to the alarm and are currently working to reset the elevators, which were shut down during the alarm.

No injuries were reported.

Copyright 2018 KLTV.com. All rights reserved.