TYLER, TX (KLTV) - Tyler Fire Department responded to a gas spill on Wednesday on Old Jacksonville Highway.
Brandon Davis with Tyler Fire Department says that on Wednesday at 10:50 a.m., firefighters responded to a possible gasoline spill. One engine and a hazmat crew responded to the gas station at Walmart Neighborhood Market.
Firefighters noticed a sheen of gas in a pool of water behind the store, and the hazmat team assisted them to determine that the leak was caused by the overfilling of the storage tanks at the fueling station. Davis estimates that 10 to 20 gallons of gasoline had leaked.
Due to the small amount leaked, residents are in no danger, Davis says, and Tyler Fire Hazmat crews are taking all necessary measures to mitigate the situation.
Copyright 2018 KLTV. All rights reserved.