(KLTV/KTRE) - Mediterranean Spring Staycation – Mediterranean Beef Kofta
• 1 pound lean ground beef
• 1/2 cup minced onions
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
• 1/2 ground cumin
• 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1/4 teaspoon allspice
• 1/4 teaspoon dried mint leaves
1. Combine ground beef, onion, oil, salt, coriander, cumin, cinnamon, allspice and mint leaves in a large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly.
2. Shape quarter of beef mixture around 8-inch bamboo skewers leaving approximately one to two inches at bottom of skewer. Make small indentations in beef mixture with fingers approximately one inch apart along the kofta. Repeat with remaining beef mixture and three skewers.
3. Refrigerate beef at least 10 minutes.
4. Place koftas in center of grill over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, uncovered, 12 to 14 minutes or until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into thickest part of koftas registers 160°F, turning occasionally.