The East Texas Food Bank joins us today with a healthier snack to enjoy all year long! Beautiful fresh ingredients are the key to tons of flavor and great nutrition.
2 large ripe mangoes
½ red onion
½ red bell pepper
1 medium jalapeño pepper
2 medium limes
½ tsp salt
¼ cup fresh cilantro
1. Rinse mangoes, onion, bell pepper, limes and jalapeño pepper.
2. Peel mangoes. Cut mango flesh from the pits and dice.
3. Peel and dice onion.
4. Cut bell pepper in half lengthwise. Remove stems and seeds and dice.
5. Cut jalapeño pepper in half lengthwise. Remove stems and seeds and dice.
6. Rinse and chop cilantro.
7. Cut limes in half. Squeeze juice from each half into a medium bowl.
8. Add mangoes, cucumber, onion, bell pepper, jalapeño, cilantro and salt to bowl with juice. Mix well.
9. Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.
Homemade Corn Tortilla Chips
8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
Non-stick cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Cut each corn tortilla into six triangles.
3. Coat a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
4. Place tortilla slices on baking sheet. Lightly spray the chips with non-cooking spray to prevent burning.
5. Sprinkle with garlic powder.
6. Bake until golden brown and crispy, about 8-10 minutes.