TYLER, TX (KLTV) - Several agencies in Tyler responded to a report of a person on fire Wednesday afternoon.
A man in his nineties has suffered 2nd and 3rd degree burns on over fifty percent of his body after his clothing caught fire on a space heater, Tyler police confirm. He is being flown from ETMC Tyler to Parkland in Dallas as a result of his burns.
The call came in at around 4 p.m. from a residence on Border Avenue. According to police, the elderly man was wearing a trench coat inside a residence. He is believed to have gotten too close to a space heater, and the coat he was wearing caught on fire.