(KLTV/KTRE) - I love to make these coconut macaroons during holidays all year long; you can make cookies with them and fill them with any holiday-related candy or filling. Or, use a jam filling in the center to make macaroon thumbprints! If you prefer, skip the filling and drizzle them with melted chocolate when they're cooled. Fantastic!
Coconut macaroons with candied cherries
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 large egg white
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 cups sweetened coconut
- Red and green candied cherries
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, stir together the coconut, sweetened condensed milk, egg white, vanilla extract, and salt. Stir until combined.
3. Using a cookie scoop or spoon, scoop up about 2 or 3 tablespoons of the dough and place the dough onto the prepared baking sheet. Press down the center with your thumb.
4. Bake cookies for 8 minutes. Remove from the oven and press a cherry into the center of each one. Bake for about 10 more minutes, or until golden brown.