Using a stove to heat home causes Longview house fire - KLTV.com - Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville |ETX News

Using a stove to heat home causes Longview house fire

Longview firefighters on scene at a house fire. Photo by Jamey Boyum KLTV. Longview firefighters on scene at a house fire. Photo by Jamey Boyum KLTV.
LONGVIEW, TX (KLTV) -

The Longview Fire Department has released a cause of a house fire that happened in the 100 block of Young Street around 3:30 pm Saturday.

The fire originated in the kitchen area and spread to the attic. Firefighters quickly extinguished the blaze before it could spread. They say residents were heating their house with a stove and oven and something fell on the stove and ignited. Four residents were displaced because of fire damage.

The Longview Fire Department says it is not a good idea to heat your house with a stove top or oven since the thermostat will never stop the oven from heating up.

Copyright 2017 KLTV. All rights reserved          

Powered by Frankly