Oven Texas BBQ Beef Brisket
1 whole brisket
1/2 cup chili powder
1/2 cup salt
1/4 cup granulated garlic
1/4 cup granulated onion
1/4 cup black pepper
1/4 cup sugar
2 Tbsp. dry mustard
2 bay leaves
1 can beef broth
1. Combine all ingredients, except beef broth and brisket, and mix well.
2. Season brisket on both sides with mixture and place in a roasting pan.
3. Roast in a preheated 350°F oven for 1 hour.
4. Combine beef broth with equal amount of water. Add enough liquid to the roasting pan to achieve 1/2-inch liquid in pan. Cover roasting pan, lower heat to 325°F and continue cooking
for 4-5 hours, basting frequently.
5. Remove from oven when instant read thermometer registers 185°F. Let rest 15 minutes before slicing.
6. Trim all fat and slice meat thinly across the grain.
Texas Barbecue Sauce