A Fire Tears Through Tyler Apartment

Several people are picking up the pieces in Tyler after a fire tore through their apartment.  It happened Sunday night at the Dovetree Apartments in the 1600 block of Rice Road.

Fire investigators say two apartments suffered smoke damage and others may have water damage. Fire investigators say a microwave that was left on cooking sparked the fire. Officials estimate the damage at $70,000.  Fortunately, no one was injured.

Oralia Ortega, reporting. ortega@kltv.com