Cooking with shrimp is a great idea for a tasty, easy-to-make meal. Shrimp offers some great nutrition value when eaten as part of a balanced diet.
According to Health.com, three ounces of shrimp offer about 20 grams of protein, which is just a bit less than a three ounce chicken breast. They contain very little fat or carbohydrate, too, they add.
Shrimp contain the nutrients selenium, Vitamin A, Vitamin B-12,and phosphorous, according to the nutrition experts at Livestrong.com. They also mention that they should be eaten in moderation, since a full six ounces would be 100% of the allowed cholesterol one needs in a day.
More than anything, shrimp are delicious and easy to cook. Here are some recipes you might want to try! Click on the name of the dish to see the recipe.
1. Shrimp ceviche, Villa Montez-style - If you want a stunning and delicious appetizer for your next get-together, try Mundo Villapudua's special shrimp ceviche, made Villa Montez style!
2. Shrimp spaghetti by Dudley's Cajun Cafe - Dudley Lang, owner of Dudley's Cajun Cafe in Longview, shares a wonderful recipe for a pasta meal that you and your family will love.
3. Shrimp Magnolia pasta by Copeland's of New Orleans - Copeland's of New Orleans, a longtime favorite of many Longview residents, shares a fabulous pasta recipe that you'll want to make for your favorite dinner guests!
4. Shrimp and Grits by Copeland's of New Orleans - Copeland's of New Orleans' Longview location is a popular spot to get many traditional Louisiana-favorite dishes! Chef Terrell Smith shares his simple, delicious recipe for Shrimp and Grits so you can try it at home if you can't make it to the restaurant this weekend.
5. Cedric Fletcher's New Orleans Style Barbecue Shrimp - Cedric's restaurant called Fat Catz is no longer in Tyler, but this recipe is so good it stands the test of time!
What's your favorite way to eat shrimp?