This delicious and healthy Moroccan salad was shared with us by the East Texas Food Bank, courtesy of Share Our Strength's Cooking Matters. Learn more here.
Serves 6, ¾ cup per serving
• 6 medium carrots
• ½ small onion
• 1 large lemon
• 3 Tablespoons canola oil
• 1 teaspoon curry powder
• ½ teaspoon salt
• ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
• ¼ cup dark or golden raisins
1. Rinse and peel carrots and onion.
2. Shred carrots with a grater. Dice onion.
3. Rinse lemon and cut in half. In a small bowl, squeeze juice. Discard seeds.
4. In a medium bowl, combine carrots and onions.
5. In a second small bowl, combine oil, curry powder, salt, pepper, and 2 Tablespoons of the lemon juice. Mix well. Let marinate 5 minutes.
6. Pour liquid mixture over carrots and onions. Stir in raisins. Mix well.
Visit the food bank by clicking EastTexasFoodBank.com.