TYLER, TX (KLTV) - If you need help filling out your bracket for the NCAA tournament, then consider these historical facts.
1. In the tournament for the first time ever, Northwestern will try to become just the fourth first-time team to reach the Sweet 16.
2. At least one team from the First Four has advanced to the second round each year since 2011.
3. A 16-seed has never beaten a one-seed.
4. Number 14-seeds have won at least one game in four straight years.
5. The 5 and 12 seeds have split 20 meetings during the past five tournaments.
6. The number 11 seed has won seven of the past 12 meetings with the 6 seed.
7. The number 7 seeds have won 61 percent of meetings with number 10s.
8. Since 1985, the 8 and 9 seeds have split their 128 meetings since 1985/
9. There has never been an Elite Eight without a number 1 seed present.
10. There has been at least one team seeded 10th or worse to make the Sweet 16 in 30 of the 32 years since the field expanded to 64 teams.
11. Villanova hopes to become first team to repeat as champs since Florida did it in 2006 & 2007.
Copyright 2017 KLTV. All Rights Reserved.