A perfect, easy to make, and delicious weeknight meal! Check out the recipe from Mama Steph and make it at home this week!
Honey mustard-glazed chicken with baby potatoes
8 chicken drumsticks or 5-6 chicken thighs
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons brown mustard
2 tablespoons honey
3 cloves garlic, minced, or 2 teaspoons garlic paste
2 cups baby red potatoes, cut in half
salt and pepper
1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary, plus rosemary springs
1. Combine mustard, vinegar, honey, garlic, and some salt and pepper (to taste) in a large bowl or in a gallon-size ziplock bag. Whisk thoroughly, and add chicken to the resulting marinade. Allow to marinate for 30 minutes to an hour.
2. Prep potatoes while chicken marinates: Place halved potatoes, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, the chopped rosemary, and a tablespoon of olive oil in a mixing bowl, and toss to coat potatoes well. Set aside.z
3. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. In a 10" or 12" heavy skillet (preferably cast iron or stainless steel), add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Allow to heat over medium-high heat, and then add marinade and chicken, skin side down if thighs, to the heated pan. Sear for two minutes, then flip and sear two minutes on the other side.
5. Add the potatoes to the skillet, evenly spacing them between the chicken pieces in a single layer. Place some rosemary sprigs around (about four) to the pan, nestling among the chicken and potatoes.
6. Finally, transfer the skillet to the preheated oven. Cook for about 20 minutes. If potatoes are not done (easily pierced through with a fork in the center) or if the chicken juices still run pink, bake for another 5 to 10 minutes, checking for doneness after five.
7. Remove pan from oven, and allow to rest five minutes before serving. Use the delicious pan drippings as a light sauce over the potatoes and chicken on each plate.