EAST TEXAS (KLTV) - Dirty food prep areas, insect infestations, and undated foods were just some of the violations found in the latest restaurant inspections period.
Lago del Pino at 14206 County Road 1134 was cited for the following violations:
- Stagnant water was found in the upstairs bar area.
- Nozzles at the fountain station under the stairs were unclean.
- Expired food inside the walk-in cooler.
- Spiders and flies observed in the kitchen area.
- Spider webs and dust accumulation observed throughout the facility.
- Dusty air vents, outside cooler was unclean, and the men's and employee restrooms were unclean.
- Bar area was closed August 23 until approval for reopening was granted by Net Health. (granted 8/24)
Total demerits: 25
A 24-hour revisit was ordered and corrections were made.
Donut Diner at 225 East Amherst Drive Ste. 5 was cited for the following violations:
- No time stamp on prepared food.
- Personal items stored inside the cooler or next to food items.
- Cutting boards, plastic tubs, prep area, coolers and shelving were dirty.
- No hot water at prep sink.
Total demerits: 23