More than anytime of year, the fall and winter months have cooks searching for easy weeknight suppers that are as delicious as they are fast and simple. Try this pasta dish from Mama Steph, because it's exactly that!
Weeknight skillet supper: Campanelle with sausage and arugula
1 2/3 cups dried Campanelle, Orichiette or rotini pasta
1 quart vegetable or chicken broth
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
8 ounces ground Italian sausage (or substitute ground turkey or beef)
1/2 cup chopped onion
2/3 to 1 full cup torn baby arugula
1/2 cup shaved or grated Parmesan cheese
1. Brown ground meat and chopped onion in 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet or Dutch oven.
2. Add the broth, and bring to a boil.
3. Add the pasta and pepper flakes to the boiling broth, and stir frequently while maintaining boil. Don't allow the pan to dry. (add more broth or water as needed)
4. When pasta is done to your taste (10 minutes or so), remove from heat, and add the arugula. Stir in until wilted.
5. Serve in bowls and top with generous sprinkle of cheese.