Chef Christoph Stockhammer, owner of 4-Way Cafe in Flint, is kicking off fall baking for us with this delicious cake! Perfect for breakfast, dessert, or after-school snacks!
Apple Walnut Cake:
1 tsp - salt
2 tsp - cinnamon
1/2 tsp - ground cloves
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 cup - vegetable oil
3 - eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
4 cups - chopped apple
2 cups - chopped walnuts
2 cups - sugar
2 cups - flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Butter and flour a 5 quart loaf pan and add a thin layer of flour
- Cream together the oil, sugar, and vanilla.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition
- In a separate mixing bowl, sift together the flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well
- Stir in walnuts and apples.
- Mix well and pour into prepared pan
- Bake at 350 about an hour and a half or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Set aside to cool.
- Drizzle a glaze on top of the cooled loaf (powdered sugar and milk mixed)