City of Troup issues boil water notice for some residents - - Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville |ETX News

City of Troup issues boil water notice for some residents

KLTV stock photo KLTV stock photo

From the City of Troup

To customers of the City of Troup in the following area:

Bounded on the North by W. Duval St., on the East by S. Georgia St., on the West by S. Front St. and south on FM 110 to and including C.R. 4801.

Due to a water main break, the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) has required our water system the City of Troup Public Water Supply ID 2120003 to notify customers of the need to boil their water prior to consumption.

To ensure destruction of all harmful bacteria and other microbes, water for drinking, cooking, and making ice should be boiled and cooled prior to use. The water should be brought to a vigorous, rolling boil and then boiled for two minutes. In lieu of boiling, you may purchase bottled water or obtain water from some other suitable source.

When it is no longer necessary to boil the water, the water system officials will notify you that the water is safe for consumption. Instructions to discontinue boiling will be issued in the same manner as this notice.

If a customer wishes to contact TCEQ, they may call 512-239-4691

Powered by Frankly