This is an easy and decadent ice cream "cake" that you can serve anytime, all summer long. The flavor of the ice cream can be switched out to reflect your family's tastes. The hardest part? Waiting for it to completely freeze!
5-ingredient Mocha ice cream cake by Mama Steph
14 ounce package of Oreos, crushed
4 TBS butter, melted
quart of coffee flavored ice cream, softened
can of ReddiWhip real whipped cream
jar of fudge sauce ice cream topping
1. Remove a cup of the crushed Oreos and set aside to use for topping.
2. Place remaining crushed cookies in medium bowl and add melted butter, stirring to coat the crumbs.
3. Press the buttery cookie crumbs firmly into the bottom of a buttered or sprayed 9x9" baking dish.
4. Spread the softened ice cream evenly over the crumb crust, and use an offset spatula to make is smooth and level.
5. Freeze for 20 minutes, then remove from freezer. Spread a generous layer of fudge sauce over the ice cream, covering completely.
6. Make a layer of whipped cream over the fudge sauce; sprinkle reserved cookie crumbs over the whipped cream.
7. Return to freezer, and cover lightly with plastic wrap or wax paper. Freeze for a minimum of two hours.
If difficult to slice, allow to soften for a few minutes, then try again.
Use strawberry or vanilla ice cream if you don't want to try the coffee flavor; it will be delicious, either way!