(KLTV/KTRE) - We love to celebrate all summer long, any time we can, and that begins with Memorial Day! We have a delicious handful of recipes to help you have the best Memorial Day celebration ever, and we'll kick it off with this cold, sweet dessert that's a snap to make. It begins with crispy graham crackers, but after refrigerating, the dessert becomes cake-like in texture.
Strawberry Icebox Cake
By Mama Steph
32 ounces of whipped cream or non-dairy whipped topping (two 16 ounce containers)
16 ounces fresh strawberries, trimmed and sliced
One box of graham crackers
1. In a 9"x13" casserole dish, spread a thin layer of whipped cream to help anchor crackers.
2. Cover the bottom of the pan completely with a layer of graham crackers.
3. Add another layer of whipped cream, and top it with a layer of sliced berries.
4. Cover the berries with another layer of whipped cream, and another layer of graham crackers.
5. Top with another layer of whipped cream and top that with the remaining berries.
6. Refrigerate for at least three hours, but longer is even better, as the longer it sets up, the more cake-like the dessert becomes!
Note: It's fine to make more layers than those listed in the steps here, and it's also ok to use other sliced fruits! Be creative and enjoy!