(KLTV/KTRE) - Flavorful black beans, tender ground pork, and savory spices work together to create a perfect slow-cooker concoction for your family to enjoy after a long day.
Slow-cooker pork and black bean chili
(Makes approximately 5 servings)
- 1 1/2 pounds ground pork, browned and drained
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced (seeds removed if you don't want the heat)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cans of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups salsa
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ?1/2 tsp oregano
Combine all ingredients in slow cooker, stirring to combine. Cook on low for 8 hours.If chili seems too thick, add a bit more chicken broth. If too thin, cook for awhile uncovered.
Serve with sour cream, shredded cheese, and other favorite toppings