(KLTV/KTRE) - Pasta is an easy weeknight meal, and this Cajun version is a kicked-up way to enjoy a spicy change from your normal Italian pastas.
Cajun linguine with chicken
12 ounces of linguine pasta, cooked and drained
2 pounds of chicken breast tenders
1 TBS Tony Chacheres or other Cajun seasoning
1/4 cup olive oil
10 ounce bag frozen sliced green, red and yellow bell peppers
8 ounce package sliced baby Bella mushrooms
small bunch of green onions, sliced (save the green parts for garnish)
12 ounces half-and-half
1/4 tsp dried basil
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1. Season chicken tenders with Cajun seasoning. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add chicken to skillet, and saute for five minutes or until done; remove from pan.
3. Add peppers, mushrooms and onions to the skillet, and saute for 8 or nine minutes. or until tender.
4. Add chicken back to skillet, stir in half-and-half, basil, and garlic, and stir until heated through. Add linguine, toss to coat with vegetables.
5. If desired, garnish with green onion. Serve immediately.