Slow-cooker apple-pecan crunch cake with cinnamon-whipped cream...only five ingredients to make a warm, comforting dessert
5 large Granny Smith apples, peeled and sliced thin
One yellow cake mix
One stick of butter
1/3 cup sugar (optional)
1/2 cup dry oatmeal (not instant)
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1. Place sliced apples in bottom of slow cooker that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
2. Sprinkle apples with sugar and about 1 tsp cinnamon.
3. In a medium bowl, combine cake mix, oats and pecans. Sprinkle evenly over apples.
4. Top cake mix with pats of butter, sprinkle with more cinnamon, then cover.
5. Cook on low for six hours or on high for four hours.
Makes six servings.
Top with whipped cream you've mixed with 1/2 tsp cinnamon and 1 tablespoon sugar! Extra good with this or vanilla ice cream on top.
Copyright 2016 KLTV. All rights reserved.