A burning cigarette and a gas leak ignite a fire in a Tyler home. It happened just after 6:00 am Wednesday morning at a home in the 1900 block of East Fifth Street.
Fire officials say a log space heater in the home had been leaking gas into a room. When one of the residents lit a cigarette, the room caught on fire. The blaze quickly spread to other parts of the house fueled by oxygen bottles used by one of the residents.
No one was injured in the fire.
Maya Golden reporting, email@example.com
The National Weather Service in Shreveport says they will be investigating possible tornadoes, or straight line winds in East Texas.More >>
The National Weather Service has issued a tornado watch in effect until midnight tonight for the following counties.More >>
Two people are dead and four remain hospitalized after an overnight wreck in an East Texas county that involved a school bus and two other vehicles.More >>
The streets of downtown Mt. Pleasant were quiet Friday afternoon, but the signs of school spirit were all around.More >>
Two people are dead and three remain hospitalized after an overnight wreck in Titus County that involved a school bus and two other vehicles.More >>