NOTIFICATION OF JOB OPENING
Job Title: Operations Manager
- Insure quality standards are established and maintained in news production and master control that keep KLTV on the leading edge in our market
- Establish a coordinated effort with all departments affected by the work of the department including engineering, sales, traffic, creative services and promotion.
- Serve as a service arm to the editorial staff of the newsroom to ensure production needs are fulfilled promptly and with the highest standards possible.
- Establish an environment in the department with a service orientation while at the same time not allowing the department or its staff to be mistreated.
- Maintain work processes that allow the smooth integration of new technology into the operation.
- Be a leader in solving problems and taking advantage of opportunities with other departments.
- Maintain a constant recruiting program that will allow you to have the most qualified people available for hire on short notice.
- Maintain the KLTV standards of hiring, indoctrination, review and/or termination.
- Oversee the administration of kltv.com operations.
- Maintain department expenses within budget
Need a strong leader that is a proven self-starter with attention to detail, ability to learn quickly, and an overall understanding of live television. Must have a thorough understanding of television operations and production and its related equipment. College degree in Radio/Television preferred. Two to three years experience is required as a Director/Technical Director, and in a management or leadership capacity. Be familiar with equipment.
Must be able to work flexible schedule.
Have excellent hearing and vision (correctable).
DATE POSITION AVAILABLE:
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS SHOULD SEND RESUME TO:
Brad Streit, General Manager or Kenny Boles, News Director
P. O. Box 957
Tyler, TX 75710
(No phone calls, please)
It is the policy of KLTV-TV that equal employment shall be afforded to all qualified persons, and no person shall be discriminated against because of sex, race, color, religion, age, disability or national origin.