(KLTV) - Mexican corn casserole is comparable to the delicious street corn, Elotes, that you can buy at the state fair every year. So delicious!
- 4 cups whole kernel corn… Use frozen or roast your own and slice kernels off the cob
- One cup of good mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Mexican Crema (or heavy cream)
- 1 teaspoon or more hot sauce, to your taste
- 1 cup grated cheddar and one cup crumbled Mexican white cheese
- Spices: Garlic powder, cayenne pepper, hot sauce, etc. Customize to your likes!
In a small mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except corn and cheese. Taste, and adjust seasonings if you would like more heat or saltiness.
For this sauce over the corn and a larger mixing bowl. Stir to combine, then pour into a 8 x 8 dish or pie plate.
Top with both cheeses, and bake in a 350° oven for 25 to 30 minutes.