Electrical Problem Blamed For Fire That Killed Teen - KLTV.com - Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville |ETX News


Electrical Problem Blamed For Fire That Killed Teen

A fire that killed 16 year old Dora Satterfield of Daingerfield was caused by an electrical problem. Dora's mother and 5 siblings were able to escape.

Firefighters say the fire started about 1:30 Monday morning in Morris County, just north of Daingerfield.

Dora Satterfield was a student at Daingerfield I.S.D. nearly all of her life. She excelled in band and friends say everyone loved her. "It's not like she tried to make everybody love her, they just did. She was just such an awesome person," says Dora's friend Caitlin Mabey.

"Very open, friendly teenager who enjoyed life. She enjoyed being with her friends, enjoyed that company," says band director Ray Cox.

Dora's family did not have insurance and are staying with relatives right now. The high school is accepting donations for the family.

Amy Tatum reporting. atatum@kltv.com

Powered by Frankly