Tuscan Slice Margherita Pizza is the perfect food for the weekend; try it with your kids, because rolling out pizza dough is fun! Or, take them by Tuscan Slice to have someone else make it for you. Owner Jonathan Evola shares his recipe with us here.
1.5 cups plus 2 Tbs water
3 Tbs oil
.5 tsp dry yeast
2 tsp salt
4 cups flour
1. Heat water and oil to at least 90 degrees F, not exceeding 100 degrees F
2. Add yeast to warmed water and oil mixture and allow it to blossom for 5 minutes.
3. Add salt and flour to water and oil mix, mix on low speed for 8 minutes. Remove from mixing bowl and place on table that has been sprayed with oil. Cover with plastic wrap and let rest for 10 minutes. Portion dough into equal parts and roll into balls. Let rise for 2 hours at room temperature, or until it has grown by 20% and is not firm.
1 can (28 ounce) crushed tomatoes
2 teaspoon dried Basil
2 teaspoon dried Oregano
1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic powder
pinch granulated sugar
pinch table salt
pinch black pepper
2 Tbs grated parmesan
1. In a medium size saucepan, mix together all ingredients and allow to simmer for 15 to 20 minutes stirring occasionally allowing all flavors to blend together.
2. Remove from heat and allow to cool.Toppings:
4oz Mozzarella cheese
Hand full of fresh basil
Tea spoon of chopped garlic