The source of a blaze at Truman Smith Children's Care Center in Gladewater has been determined, and an alternative location for displaced patients has been found.
Fire investigators say a ventilation fan in a closet overheated and sparked the fire that forced the evacuation of 116 patients more than a week ago. Patients were moved to various nursing centers in the area.
Also today, a tentative deal has been struck with the facility, in Longview, that used to house Meadow Pines, a psychiatric hospital. According to Vermilion Health Services, the owner of the Meadow Pines facility, the deal would move patients to the center while Truman is repaired. They believe the facility would be large enough to house all of Truman's patients.
It came down at 7:42 a.m. A simple Facebook post from one of the top wide receivers in the National Football League.More >>