I found this recipe recently on a food blog and wanted to share my version of it with you; it's perfect for parties, tailgating, or just afternoon snacking!
Chicken enchilada cups
adapted from a recipe on GimmeSomeOven.com
24 wonton wrappers
3 cups meat pulled from rotisserie chicken
4 ounces canned enchilada sauce
1 cup shredded Mexican-blend cheese
4 ounce can chopped green chiles
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Press wonton wrappers into a mini-muffin pan to form cups. Bake for seven minutes, then remove and set aside.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, stir together chicken, green chiles, and enchilada sauce until combined. Divide evenly among the 24 baked wonton wrappers.
4. Top each portion of chicken filling with a bit of shredded cheese.
5. Return to oven for about 5-6 more minutes, until cheese is melted and chicken filling is heated through.
6. Remove from oven and, if desired, top with a small dollop of sour cream, or perhaps a sprinkling of minced green onion or cilantro.
Join me on Facebook by clicking here. It's fun!