Happy Friday, everyone! We hope you're having a great one.
Here are some stories for you to peruse this afternoon:
1.The suspect in a fatal workplace stabbing at a food distribution center in Moore, Oklahoma, beheaded one of his victims, police said.
; he is in critical condition and is expected to survive.
2. If you're trying to decide what in the world to do this weekend, help is on the way!
and there is a lot going on this weekend for you to choose from.
3. A young East Texas wife and mom is hoping the community will help her raise $1000 more to get her husband, who is suffering from Marfan Syndrome, an emergency procedure he needs in order to survive. The family is selling T-shirts and bracelets through their Facebook page,
to help pay for the procedure. They also have an online fundraiser set up through
4. Texas A&M's all-time leading rusher has been sentenced to 27 years in prison for a series of armed robberies in the Dallas area. Federal prosecutors say 45-year-old Darren Lewis was sentenced Thursday
in late 2012 and a convenience store in Dallas in January 2013.
5. Attention, East Texas shoppers! Cumberland Village officially opened today on south Broadway in Tyler.
in soon, and what's already open.
6. You may have heard that the East Texas State Fair (
!) may move to another location, after remaining in its current location since 1912. However, we are now hearing that the deal fell through! Join us tonight at 6 for that story with reporter Alex Osiadacz.
at Family Dollar. Police said
during the 8:31 p.m. incident at the store, at 1401 E. Gentry Parkway. No one was hurt in the robbery, but police say as the robber left the store, he did display a weapon. The video loops through his entry a few times before showing the suspect entering the store.
we'll see you there live during all our newscasts!
Have a great weekend,