Good afternoon! We hope your day is going well.
Here are some stories for you to check out this afternoon:
1. Tackling what he has called a humanitarian crisis, President Barack Obama on Tuesday asked Congress for $3.7 billion to cope with a tide of minors from Central America who are illegally crossing the U.S. border, straining immigration resources and causing a political firestorm in Washington.
2. A beautiful old East Texas hotel was just a few years away from caving in, the new owners say. But they've worked hard to restore the old building and bring it back to life. Click here to see the photos of the restoration being done by Ron and Connie Meissner,
including some of the rooms that haven't been touched yet.
3. 28-year-old Randy Hofstetter has been added to the Texas 10 Most Wanted Sex Offenders list by the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS), and a cash reward up to $5,000 is being offered for information leading to his capture. Hofstetter, surrounded with a violent criminal past, is wanted for failure to register as a sex offender, as well as violations of probation and parole.
4. A mother in Washington state is desperately searching for clues in her daughter's disappearance. Evidence left behind lead the family and investigators that Anji Dean was in danger from some unknown person or group. Dean has been missing since June 23.
5. A Fourth of July hot dog eating contest in western South Dakota turned tragic when a contestant choked to death. Walter Eagle Tail, 47, of Custer, died at a hospital Thursday after attempts to save him at the scene failed, Custer County Sheriff Rick Wheeler said.
6. A Republican National Committee panel is recommending Cleveland to host the party's 2016 presidential convention
. Dallas was in the running, but failed to win the hosting job.
7. Feels like summer is finally settling in, doesn't it? Make sure to join Chief Meteorologist Mark Scirto tonight at 4, 5 and 6 for your best local forecast. Click here to see our weather page on KLTV.com
, which is continually updating to keep you informed.
Here's the link to the livestream on our website;
being away from your tv doesn't mean being away from your very best local news and weather!We'll be live online at 4, 5 and 6.
See you soon!
KLTV Digital Content Producer